How do we do it for the price?
Whether you’re a regular or incidental movie-goer, everybody loves a bargain. Here are our top tips at going to the cinema for less.
- Cheap Days. Almost every cinema offers discount days. For most of them it is Tuesday though the Nova offers their discounts on Mondays.
- Cinema memberships. Most cinemas and chains offer memberships that entitle members to discount tickets and even birthday freebies. We’re members of the Classic Elsternwick, Palace, Nova, Lido and ACMI.
- Australian Film Institute. A membership to the AFI gets you free screenings, access to masterclasses and exclusive events as well as discounted tickets and most cinemas in Melbourne.
- Optus Rewards. Optus post-paid customers can have access to Optus Rewards tickets for $11 which get you into all sessions except after 5pm on Saturdays. Vouchers are available for most cinemas and chains except for Village.
- Entertainment Book. If you have an Entertainment Book floating around in your car for restaurant discounts, you’ll also find a number of 2-for-1 vouchers to a range of cinemas.